Monday, February 9, 2009

All sorts of stuff!

Leave No Trace (LNT) is something I learned about a few years ago. What a great idea to leave a place as good, or better, then you found it. Most people equate the LNT concept with wilderness areas. It’s so much more then that. Next time you take a hike, go fishing, or even to your local park, take a look around and take a few minutes to do some picking up. Maybe get in the habit of picking up even one little shopping bag full of garbage left behind by others. If we all pitch in we could Leave No Trace for those that want to enjoy the same recreation we do. Without LNT, more and more places are being closed to public access. What a sad day to find out a favorite trail, lake, or stream is no longer open because the stewards of the land could no longer keep up with cleaning up.



There’s been a touch of spring in the air the last few days. At least until the snow flurry this morning! Being able to do a few outside projects helps make the winter blues take a step back. I still haven’t found the nerve to tear into the kennel roof yet. Once I start I have to finish. That may well be a next summer project when I don’t have to worry about rain.



A friend of mine is following the tradition of Pay it Forward. Those of us lucky enough to respond and pay forward ourselves will be getting a special something from Franna. And believe me, she makes some wonderful special something’s. You can see some of Franna’s wonderful makings on her blog Musings and Ramblings of the Shepherd, PhD.

Here’s the Pay Forward offer along with the catch! The first five people that leave a comment will receive something made by me. Franna’s post on home made bread gave me some ideas to give a big hint. The catch is you must make the same offer on either your blog or on a forum I’m a member of. Someplace I get to see. :)

Think Spring!

3 comments:

Dave said...

Wow!!! No comments ???? Sheesh, folks must have confused your blog for mine :)

Tina said...

Maybe nobody trusts my baking skills. LOL

Dave said...

Well, you bake up something and we'll put together a BBQ and you can bring your baked goods for all to sample :)