Thursday, November 6, 2008

A friend mentioned I needed some pictures of my mules in my blog. I can do that. :) I currently have three of the most solid saddle mules, I've had these for quite a while now. A huge step for me changing from high powered cutting horses to mules. I wasn't sure to begin with.
I mean MULES?????


Patti is my very first mule. She is probably the smoothest animal I've every ridden. At about 26 years old she has many good year left I can ride her. Most of the time now whe gets to tag along as I am transitioning to Millie, my 15 year old mule.


Pattie showing off her brand new leather halter and sawbuck saddle.



Pattie and Millie waiting for me to mount up and head out.




Here I am making a circle in the arena before trying all three on the trail. Millie and I in front, followed up by Fritz the wonder mule, with Pattie bringing up the rear giving Fritz plenty of space. Fritz is currently being used by a very good friend at work to full fill a dream. Being able to go trail riding on a good mule. Fritz likes her best now, she brings him carrots.
If you ever get a chance to meet a good mule, please do so. If we ever meet on a trail I would be glad to introduce you to Pattie, Millie, and Fritz
A special thanks to Bill Holmes of Maple Valley Mules for fine tuning these three for me this year. They had enjoyed a couple years off and Bill made sure they were back where I needed them.









No comments: