Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I've been stressing over all the family functions coming this time of year on top of all the changes I've dealt with all year long. I started counting what I am thankful for and made myself feel much better.

I'm thankful for my parents. My mother is 86, my father is 82. (I will probably get in trouble if they see I said that!) They are still going places and doing things. From Tacoma to Desert Hot Springs in the winter, snow birds. They celebrated their 60th Wedding Anniversary this last June. They still insist on hosting Thanksgiving dinner for the whole family, and extended family and anybody else that may show up. I am Thankful they are still in such good health and hope they stay that way for a long time to come. Thanks mom and dad. I love you both.

I am thankful for my sister, Dee Cee, that lives close enough we go do things and talk, not often enough! But we're both so very busy. We just pick up where we left off. She is a sister who is not a sister. Not related by blood but there is such a bond. She first entered my life when I was in third grade and she was in fourth. We're entering our 50's now so it''s been a long sisterhood. I can always count on her being there when I need her. She was one of my rocks this last year, one of my anchors in the storm. Now we're making plans for travel, in a few years. But what fun to be able to start making plans. Love ya Sis.

I'm Thankful for my nieces, Sabrina, Stavon, and nephew, Adam. I'm proud of how you are all growing up to be good, responsible adults. I had to admit, I sometimes wondered! But everybody goes through those times, it's how you come out the other end that's important. You're all making your auntie proud. Now keep raising your kids so they turn out like you are now.

I'm Thankful for my sisters wonderful boyfriend, Reggie. I have not met a nicer, kinder, truely good person in a long time. He makes my sister happy and has become an important part of our family. Thank you for joining.

And Amy, my sisters friend that is part of the family too. It's not the same when Amy has to work and can't make family dinners. There's a part of the family missing when she's not there.

I'm thankful for my other sister, Cindy, who lives in Desert Hot Springs. She gives mom and dad the perfect excuse to play snow bird and go to nice weather a few months each winter.

I'm thankful for all my friends that stood with me this year. Those that let me vent as much as I needed, as often as I needed, those that listened and let me keep coming back and make them listen again. Without you all, I would not be where I am today. I'm thankfull to my friends that are getting me to laugh again, oh am I ever laughing again! Getting me going places again, see the world and even just around the corner again. I'm experiencing new adventures, and returning to some old ones too. Air Shows, how cool are those! I missed that and am glad it's back.

I must thank my animals for their unconditional love they gave me. They knew so much was wrong and even when they weren't sure what to do, they would come give me a snuggle, crawl in my lap, and a face washing. Remember these are full grown German Shepherd Dogs crawling in laps for snuggles and face washes. Wonderful dogs.

And now being able to work the animals in something we enjoy doing. My mules are back trail riding with help from Bill. My dogs working with help from Les, Dara, and so many more that are supporting me working my dogs at my dog club. From Moc for helping me learn how to best deal with my dogs at home, get a system in place when at times I felt overwhelmed to start with.

I have so much to be Thankful for this year. I hope those of you that may be experiencing some difficult times of your own take a few minutes to reflect and see the things you have that are worth taking time to say thank you.

Thank you all who are part of my life. Life is good. Life is very good.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Tina and the animules

2 comments:

Dave said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too Tina !

Xencindy said...

When you and DeeCee start traveling together, I hope you'll come down to visit and enjoy the warmer winter weather.